NWA Carpet & Tile
The #1 Carpet and Tile Cleaning Contractor in Northwest Arkansas
If you are located in the greater Northwest Arkansas area and need high-quality, professional carpet cleaning service, you’ll find exactly what you’re looking for at Northwest Arkansas Carpet Cleaning.
Call us at
Pet Odor Cleaning in Northwest Arkansas
Pet Odor Cleaning Service
Dogs may be man’s best friend most of the time, but it definitely might not feel like it when you’re scrubbing stains into your carpet and only making them worse!
Forget the scrubbing and deodorizing with toxic cleaners and solvents-call NWA Carpet & Tile today for some of the most effective carpet cleaning in Northwest Arkansas.
NORTHWEST ARKANSAS CARPET CLEANING SERVICES:
While many other Northwest Arkansas carpet cleaning services or Northwest Arkansas upholstery cleaners might use harmful chemicals or shampoos that just mask odor and stains, NWA Carpet & Tile offers real, deep carpet cleaning in Northwest Arkansas by using some of the most powerful and effective equipment available to Los Angeles carpet cleaners.
NWA Carpet & Tile uses effective spinning spray jets and vacuum slots to deep clean even the toughest pet stains and spot treatments. We’re an honest Los Angeles carpet cleaner that can restore your carpets and rugs safely and with non-toxic chemicals to their original look and brand new feel.
Not all Northwest carpet cleaning services are alike-trust in NWA Carpet & Tile for honest pricing and evaluations, and to get the job done right. Contact us today for a free carpet cleaning quote and some of the best carpet cleaning in Northwest Arkansas.
Pet Odor Cleaning in Northwest Arkansas
Living with pets is certainly a joy, but it can also be a challenge. Accidents can happen even with the best trained pets. Prompt attention is the best course of action. Here are some tips on dealing with fresh pet accidents.
Dealing with a Fresh Pet Accident
- Blot up as much of the urine into an absorbent pad as is possible. (Folding several paper towels together to create a thick absorbent pad is ideal,
but a thick towel is good too.)
- Place the pad over the affected area, then stand on the pad.
- Repeat this step with a fresh pad until no moisture can be absorbed.
- Take a cup of warm water and pour directly onto the affected area.
- Repeat the blotting process using the absorbent pad until no moisture can be absorbed.
- This process will work for a problem area even if it’s not fresh and has begun to develop an odor. (This is unless the urine has penetrated the back of the carpet and made it’s way to the pad.)
Ideally, you could execute the steps above each time your beloved pet has an accident, but that’s probably not going to happen. After time and repeated accidents in the same place, an odor is likely to develop.
Pet Odor Problems Usually Involve Layers of Flooring
Repeated accidents in the same spot will quickly result in the urine penetrating through the multiple layers of material.
For example, when a dog is marking his territory.
- Face Yarn (carpet fibers)
- Primary Backing (latex)
- Secondary Backing (polypropylene)
- Carpet Padding (foam rubber)
- Sub-Floor (concrete or wood)
With larger dogs it may take only one accident to soak down through multiple layers. In the most severe cases, the urine will saturate down into the sub-floor underneath the carpet pad.
Pet Odor Treatment Options
- Light Odor Problems Our hot water extraction process is a deep rinsing process. Minor pet odor problems that are limited to the face yarn of the carpet may be removed by cleaning, along with the application of a topical deodorizing treatment.
- Medium Pet Odor Problems If the urine has soaked through the carpet backing and is now into the carpet pad, it may be removed with our “sub-surface” extraction process. Using specialized tools connected to our truck mounted cleaning system, we can flood the contaminated area with fresh hot water. The water is then vacuumed out, using the powerful vacuum from our truck mounted cleaning system. Drying time for the affected area is normally less than 24 hours.
- Severe Pet Odor Problems With severe pet odor problems, the urine has made its way into the sub floor. If the affected area is carpet only, meaning no walls, baseboards, furniture or drapes, it can still be removed. However, it may require additional steps including:
- Pulling back the carpet and replacing the pad.
- Cleaning the backing of the carpet.
- Treating or even sealing the sub floor.
If the affected area includes walls, baseboards, furniture or drapes, the effort required to remove the odor becomes much greater. Replacement of baseboards or drywall may be required to completely remove the odor.
- Severe Odor Over Long Periods Severe odor problems left untreated over long periods of time can be very challenging. Eventually, the urine odor is absorbed into all the many different porous surfaces in your home. To deal with this condition, NWA Carpet & Tile offers a gas deodorizing process that fills the entire interior space of the home.
- E.O.N Gas (Extreme Odor Neutralizing) E.O.N Gas is a powerful oxidizing gas that fills the entire interior space when used. It can neutralize a wide range of organic odors, including urine. It does require the premise be un-occupied for at least 12 hours. It leaves no toxic residue as the gas quickly breaks down into inert ingredients. It leaves a mild temporary scent of chlorine.
Removing Pet Urine Stains
Stains from urine vary in appearance, from a barely noticeable light yellow to dark brown spots. With the proper treatment, most urine stains can be eliminated, but not always. Sometimes urine stains simply cannot be removed from the carpet fiber, regardless of how it may be treated.
Pet Odor Removal Guarantee
NWA Carpet & Tile is confident that we can improve, if not fully remove, pet odor and stains from your carpet and upholstery. We can guarantee complete removal of pet odor in most circumstances, providing the customer is willing to incur the cost of the remediation steps that are necessary. These steps vary depending on the condition of the affected area. An inspection of the area must be made first, in order to produce an estimate of the cost.
- Guarantee of Odor Removal is limited to 24 hours if the pet continues to be kept at the premises after the odor removal treatment has been completed.
Pet Odor Management Approach
For most pet owners, the challenges that come with having a pet in the home are worth the benefit. With the right system in place, NWA Carpet & Tile can help keep pet odors in check, even with repeated accidents occurring in the same area. Use the following team approach with NWA Carpet & Tile.
- Identify accidents quickly.
- Prompt attention paid to dealing with accidents.
- Use the right products and procedures.
- Periodic, but regular, professional attention.
The cost of a guaranteed odor removal process may not be worth it if you intend to keep your pet in your home. If so, the pet odor management approach may be a better option.